The Answer is Everyone.
Having a social media strategy is now main stream. It has fast become the cornerstone of many brands’ customer-facing strategy.
There has been a definite shift from just having a presence to driving campaigns and measuring conversion rates. You therefore need a skilled and experienced marketer. Do not assign the job to someone who likes Facebook and tweets every now and again.
If like me you are not a prolific social media user. From a business point of view at its heart, social media is about people. It’s also about conversations and developing leads and sales from those relationships.
Here are a few pointers in how to craft a job spec in terms of tasks and responsibilities.
The first responsibility of a Social Media Manager is to develop and implement a social media marketing plan. We will be writing another article on what should be on a Social Media Marketing Plan shortly.
Essential Duties of your Social Media Manager.
Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Develop relevant content topics to reach the company’s target customers.
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a social way, while cultivating leads and sales.
- Conduct online advocacy and open a stream for cross-promotions.
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Instagram, Snapchat, Blog, etc.).
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns.
- Manage efforts in building online reviews and reputation. Monitor online reviews and respond to each review.
- Analyse key metrics and tweak strategy as needed.
- Compile reports for management showing results (ROI).
- Become an advocate for the company in social media spaces. Engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Demonstrate ability to map out a comprehensive marketing plan. Drive strategies that are proven by testing and metrics.
- Develop organisational elements. In order to implement a proactive process for capturing happy, loyal customer online reviews.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Implement ongoing education to remain highly effective.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the company. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Analyse campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyse, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximise results.
Greenfield IT Recruitment provides recruitment support for both clients and candidate roles. Helping clients define and execute their recruitment process and helping professionals with a high calibre skill set to progress within their careers. To find out more information, Contact us or visit our find our job page.