Infrastructure Support Engineer
Commutable from – Crewe, Nantwich, Newcastle Under Lyme, Market Drayton, Stafford
Salary up to £35k
Our client is a marketing leading, award winning IT Support business going through huge growth and offering fantastic career prospects to grow and develop your skills in a highly technical and professional environment.
The purpose of this role is to implement and provide technical support to customers throughout the UK – working with clients on site and at our clients’ offices. Heavy Focus is on quality technical delivery and client communication.
The ideal person for this role will have good communication skills, have the ability to multi- task in an often-pressured environment. Also ideally have worked for a Managed IT Service Provider and have an MCSA
Essential Skills –
- All aspects of Windows Server, Windows Desktops, TCP/IP Networking
- Exchange Server
- Active Directory
- IIS, SQL and Small Business Server.
- Virtualisation experience with VMWare
Nice to have skills –
- Veeam (Backup & Replication)
- Citrix (XenDesktop, XenApp, Access Gateway)
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Enterprise Firewalls (Fortinet, Cisco Meraki),
- Managed Switches (HP Procurve, Cisco) and VoIP.
- Storage (Dell, Netapp)
- Office 365
Role responsibilities / purpose –
- Technical implementation of projects, both on-site and remotely, under the guidance of the Service Delivery Manager and other senior staff
- Pre-sales technical advice to assigned clients
- Working with other staff to ensure that projects are delivered within agreed parameters and support requests are progressed in accordance with service level agreements
- Timely and accurate documentation of project issues and service issues to the Helpdesk
- Reporting of service issues and project issues to customers
- Logging new support requests to the Helpdesk, and dealing with new support requests directly as required
- Observation of Server Monitoring Software along with associated support tasks
- Using various methods to monitor customers’ server event logs, check backups and other services, and to otherwise ensure that customers’ IT systems are maintained in peak condition; plus, the associated documentation of these tasks in the Helpdesk.
- Training programme.
- Rapid career progression opportunities with potential for consultancy or management roles.
- Flexible working hours
- Bike to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Rewards scheme
- BYOD scheme
Please contact Rob Lock to discuss on 01743 296544 or firstname.lastname@example.org