Commutable from – Wrexham, Chester, the Wirral, Runcorn, Warrington, North Wales
Salary – £60,000 – £65,000 (Dependent on experience)
The Development Manager is responsible for leading and managing a team of software developers, supporting and guiding them in building optimised, robust and innovative software solutions that drive success and offer excellent user experiences across the business.
Specific Responsibilities for Development Manager
- To lead and manage a team of software developers.
- Use knowledge of Waterfall and Agile methodologies to design and successfully migrate to a new SDLC operating model.
- Provide technical leadership to design and build reliable, scalable and fault tolerant systems.
- Manage the quality of the output of the Development Team, ensuring structured and well documented code that adheres to governance standards.
- Manage the legacy software assets whilst driving development forward towards a micro services architecture that is highly scalable and easy to maintain.
- Working closely with the Test and Infrastructure teams to develop and standardise approaches and tool-sets in code management, integration and testing.
- Ensure developer resources are deployed appropriately so as to deliver projects successfully and to tight time schedules.
- To lead and oversee all technical estimation, analysis, specifications to make sure they are complete and accurate.
Technical skills for Development Manager
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server databases, and related technologies.
- Strong technical skills including .NET and T-SQL.
This role is an exciting opportunity to be part of a Digital transformation that is just about to get underway – get in touch with Rob Lock on 01743 296544 or firstname.lastname@example.org