IT Infrastructure Specialist
Contract – 12 months duration.
Commutable from: Wolverhampton, Telford, Shrewsbury, Whitchurch, Bridgnorth, Walsall.
Day Rate – £150 – £175 per day (Dependent on Experience)
IT Infrastructure Specialist Duties:
- Participating in the day-to-day management and administration of ICT facilities and the provision of related guidance to users.
- Taking a lead responsibility for the management of the ICT machine room.
- Provision of first hand User Support (e.g. PC’s, peripherals, telephones, software).
- Configuring, administering and managing end user resources.
- Setting up, managing, and administering core servers providing (e.g.): file and print services, terminal services, and corporate e-mail and Internet access.
- To more generally assist and support the ICT team in the broad delivery of service.
- Effective handling of enquiries and requests for guidance or action on problems, including prioritisation, scheduling and advice to all parties on intended action and expected completion times.
- Technical Support – Actively and continuously seeking to build and extend as complete a knowledge as possible in relation to the following areas:
- The Server platforms and related software architecture through which Business Support Applications are provided.
- Network infrastructure, IP and mobile Telephony.
IT Infrastructure Specialist Qualifications
- Possession of a relevant computing qualification (e.g. Computer Science) is desirable, preferably supported by Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer/Microsoft Certified Professional qualification(s) relevant to the role.